Date: May 30, 2015
Course description: 6 mile, out and back course. Turn around at Red Shirt Lake.
Race start time: 10:00AM
Location: Red Shirt Lake Trailhead, Mile 6.5 Nancy Lake Parkway, Nancy Lake SRA, Willow Alaska
Cost: $35, $20 for 12 and under
Sign up online: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?eid=3296 OR Race day sign up available at an increased cost.
- All participants signed up online by May 15th will be guaranteed a t-shirt. Then, remaining shirts will be first come, first serve. Shirt are unisex, and tend to run big.
- Post-race festivities will include awards for top Men's and Women's finishers and soup, chili and refreshments.
- Race headquarters, race day sign-up, bib pickup are at the South Rolly Overlook.
- Race day sign-up is from 8:30-9:30AM.
- Bib pick-up 8:30-9:45
- PARKING: Please be aware that there is a parking fee for the State Park. You can either use your 2015 State Parking Pass or pay $5 when parking. Please park first in the overlook parking lot. If this lot is full, use the small lot before this parking lot on the right.
- It is a short walk (1/4 mile) from the overlook to the trailhead.
- There will be brief safety/pre-race meeting just before the race start at 9:50AM at the trailhead.
- There will be a small amount of water at the turn-around (3 miles in). If you need more that this, please bring it yourself.
- Please do not litter. Pack out what you pack in. Our trail sweeps are there to safely follow the last runner out, not pick up your trash!
- Be courteous on the trail. It will be open to all users and is not closed for our race. Give hikers the right of way. "Excuse me" goes a long way.
- This is a hilly, rooty course. Dogs are not recommended for safety reasons. If you do bring your dog, please be aware of State Park leash rules. Be aware that your dog may trip or cause other racers to fall- keep this in mind before you bring them!
- There will be no race refunds.
Historically, this is the original race in our series and group of races. We, as race directors, love this trail and it means a lot to us to be able to share it with you! This race is our first chance to see all of you again for the start of the running season. We hope to see a lot of returning faces once again.